Thursday, February 7, 2008

I made it!

Arrival 1/28/2008:
I made it!
I did not sleep.
My TV screen broke three hours into the flight.
It was hotter than hell.
Those are my complaints from the flight. It really was not as terrible as it may sound. I did have an isle seat and I sat with some pretty cool people. Really, a 16 hour flight wont be a pleasent experience, especially in coach. The first class seats did look like they would make the flight more relaxing. Someday. I did get to watch one episode of Planet Earth before my computer bit it, and I made sure it was Shallow Seas so I could watch those awesome great white shots from off the coast of South Africa. I cannot wait to go swimming. A great new feature that SAA added was a camera on the tail of the plane. Even though it was dark for a majority of the flight, the blinking light provided many hours of entertainment.
Overall the flight was alright, and I had the opportunity to get to know a couple of people from the group. Watching the plane land on the screen was pretty rewarding, and knowing that I was touching down on African soil felt oh so good.

No comments: